- Wash your feet every day in warm soapy water (don't soak them, as this might destroy the natural oils) and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- If your skin is dry, apply moisturising cream all over the foot, other than between the toes.
- Remove hard skin gently with a pumice stone, but avoid boney areas or joints. If the hard skin is painful, consult a registered chiropodist/podiatrist.
- Trim your toe nails regularly, using nail clippers. Cut straight across, not too short, and not down at the corners as this can lead to in-growing nails.
- Keep your feet warm, and exercise to improve your circulation.
- Always wear the right shoe for the job.
- Seek prompt treatment for burns, cuts and breaks in the skin, and for any usual changes in colour or temperature. This is particularly important if you have diabetes.
- If your feet hurt, something is wrong! You can help to keep your feet healthy by visiting a registered chiropodist/podiatrist for advice on how to keep your foot healthy, or to buy correctly fitted footwear please visit one of our GOLD STAR STOCKISTS. If buying through our mail order, please use our FREE RETURNS service if you do not find the shoes a comfortable fit when trying on.
- Shoes should be properly measured, comfortable, and easy to put on at the time of purchase. Don't expect them to 'break in'. If buying through our mail order, please use our FREE RETURNS service if you do not find the shoes a comfortable fit when trying on.
- A Foot has up to 250,000 sweat glands. Your shoes can absorb up to 60% of the moisture released each day. Wear alternate shoes each day to allow them to dry out properly.
We offer some of the widest, deepest fitting footwear available, with many styles available in 6E, 6V or 8E fittings. We are not aware of any other main stream manufacturer making any shoes in a fitting as wide and deep as our 8E fitting.
Make an appointment at one of our GOLD STAR STOCKISTS or visit a qualified podiatrist who will examine your feet and give you expert advice about the most suitable footwear for you.
If for any reason having received your shoes they are not comfortable or do not meet your needs please talk to our customer services team who can give you further help (ring +44 (0)1933 359217 Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm) or return the shoes using our FREE returns service to get an alternative size / fitting.
Disclaimer: This information is of a general nature and should not be taken as a diagnosis. All questions and concerns should be directed to your Doctor, Podiatrist or other health advisor.